Movie PalsAdvertising PalsDownload a blank templatecelebrity palsoriginal pals
Pally Pal Paper Toys
Papertoy Design  Contest - $400 prize!
Papertoy Design  Contest entries

My Friends:

S.Britt
Mr. Toast
Dolls For Friends
Marshall Alexander
Nice Paper Toys
PaperKraft
Spanky Stokes

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The coolest cereal graphics in - i dunno - 25 years!




I just found the new Count Chocula box today - and WOW - it is beyond swell. Kudos to the kids in the art department at General Mills for making a box that looks almost vintage without being overly "retro" - yet still looks modern. I haven't seen a cooler cereal box on the grocery shelf in probably over 25 years. Mr. Frothy found the Frankenberry box, which I have not yet seen. Once I find one - I'll post a pic of that as well. We're anxiously waiting to see what the Booberry box will look like.


I love the fact that the cereal is barely even shown (only a tiny bit on one of the side panels) - very reminiscent of a late 60s-early 70s box - where the character is what sold the product. They're so swell, it almost makes me want to buy them all and display them with my vintage boxes (almost).

Here is a recent "lame" version for comparison:




3 comments:

Eddie said...

I looove Count Chocula. I'm a huge fan of retro cereals, mainly one called Kaboom! Remember that one do ya? Great blog... will definitely return.

Laterz,

Eddie

Waffle Whiffer [Brandon] said...

Amazing new box! Glad to see that General Mills hasn't given up on the monsters. Maybe they'll revive Fruit Brute next.

Todd Franklin said...

I always stroll through the cereal isle in hopes of finding a neat new box, but usually I always end up disappointed. Boy was I surprised a few days ago when I found this new Count box! I can't wait to find the other two. I wonder if Boo and Frankenberry will have that old time feel?